The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/its-friggin-cold-out-tonight-art-you-would-27274222.aspx

Subject:  Re: Happy Days Are Here Again Date:  12/15/2008  11:39 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  433518 of 888931

It's friggin' cold out tonight Art, you would hate it. I was freezing in the house so turned the furnace up to 80 and now the living room is toasty but it's making me sleepy. I love winter though. Yesterday I had to go out and sweep tons of snow off my car, and scratch off the ice on the windshield, so I could get to the mailbox behind the post office and to the grocery store. I started the car and let it run in the driveway about 20 minutes before I even attempted to go out and do that. Lots of gas wasting but then I hardly use more than 2 tanks a year so I don't feel guilty. Even with all that cold I still like winter. I cannot help myself. Winter is my second favorite season, or maybe third. - catmeyoo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's cold and nasty here too, but not as cold and snowy as Nebraska. We are supposed to have an ice storm tonight, or something like that. They are all ready starting to close the schools.

I want to win the lottery and move to Miami, Florida so bad I can taste it. God I hate winter. I don't see how anybody can be against global warming? During the dinosaur times it was a lot warmer than it is now and there were ferns and palm trees in Alaska!

Art
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us