The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/gee-art-i-just-told-dh-that-life-was-too-short-27275256.aspx

Subject:  Re: Happy Days Are Here Again Date:  12/16/2008  12:22 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  433584 of 888931

Gee, Art. I just told DH that life was too short to eat overripe, mushy melon. He was slightly offended, but then threw the rest of the melon out. Guess he didn't really like it either. - arrete
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If the melon wasn't fermented and tasted okay I might have been tempted to cut it up and put it in our Vita-Mix (fancy blender) and turn it into juice and drink it. I've done that with watermelon and it was actually drinkable (okay - not delicious but not horrible either).

That's what I do with apples that aren't excellent. I cut them up into quarters, leave the peel on but cut out the core, and mix them with either store bought apple or cranberry juice and then blenderize the hell out of them and turn them into a drink. It's sort of an apple smoothy. It's actually pretty good and it works it's magic on me the next day - if you know what I'm talking about. I made some this morning for breakfast with three large apples and cranberry juice and then blenderized till it was creamy smooth.

I take bananas that are over-ripe and put them in the Vita-mix and blenderize them with whole milk and make bananna smoothies. I don't usually put bananna in with other juices because the flavor is so powerful that it makes everything taste like bananna. I usually do bannna alone.

I also make smoothies with frozen mixed berries or frozen blueberries. We buy them in 3 lb bags from Sam's Club. I just put two cups of berries in the Vita-mix and then pout 2 cups of whole milk and blenderize till it's sort of like a berry sorbet.

It's excellent for the digestive system and keeps the old lumen of the gut lubricated and working properly.

Art
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us