The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / Lessons from CAPS

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-not-a-caps-insider-but-i-believe-closed-27276543.aspx

Subject:  Re: Question About Alerts Date:  12/16/2008  6:55 PM
Author:  BrMad Number:  127 of 188

I'm not a CAPS insider, but I believe closed means ended. If we are both green tumbing a stock and I end it, you will likely get an alert saying what you quoted above.

I opt out of these alerts. I think that encouraging a 'follow the leader' mentality in CAPS biases the goal of building group opinion in a negative way.

Thanks TMFHelical,

I think you're correct. So then, is there an alert given when the opposite happens? For instance, when a 90+ player starts a CAPS pick that I also have (e.g., we are both green thumbing a stock) will I get an alert on that? I don't think I've seen that. I would like that more actually. Knowing that a successful player agreed with my thinking on a company would help me.

I think you're also correct in your opinion that "follow the leader" mentality can put an unhealthy bias into the overall CAPS data.

I actually am a new CAPS player and I'm not really playing per-se; rather I'm using CAPS to help track stocks that I own or am considering owning.

Thanks again
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us