The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Start up tax question Date:  12/24/2008  2:28 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  103153 of 129421

Thanks a lot, Peter, I will definitely take the advice of consulting a pro.

You're welcome.

I also should have pointed out that a quick consult with a lawyer is also in order. They would have some good comments as well on whether to operate as an LLC or a corporation or a proprietorship. And they can also suggest whether any kind of insurance for the business would be a good idea.

The form your business takes is not a simple decision. But some will try to make it simple - usually those who want you to hire them to form an LLC or a corporation.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us