The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/dave-thanks-for-your-thoughtful-response-the-27299246.aspx

Subject:  Re: Future of GG: Accountability and a debate Date:  12/25/2008  4:19 PM
Author:  anuragupta Number:  728 of 5166

Dave,

Thanks for your thoughtful response. The reason why I feel that it is ok or within my rights to ask the questions I am asking is that I have done that successfully in professional life too. I have always asked my potential employer 2 questions:

1) How long does my manager think they (division or the company) are going to last in business? And the reasoning behind their answers.
2) How long does he intend to serve in the division?

I have to say these blunt questions leaves them incredulous but I never lost out on a job opportunity based on these questions. I actually got very good responses to my first question and it actually panned out that way. The second question was answered in a variety of ways, none of them useful. One manager got upset and took me to task on that. He left 1 month after I joined. It turned out that he had been cooking up that opportunity while I was being interviewed.

Yup, audacious questions but worth asking as a lot of my portfolio made from my hard earned money is on the line here.

Anurag
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us