The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotfor-a-long-time-i-have-considered-moving-to-27323968.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thoughts on Asia Date:  1/6/2009  7:59 AM
Author:  OnyongJun Number:  806 of 5166

"For a long time I have considered moving to Asia. There is a chance that one day I might live in either Indonesia or the Philippines. I love Asia for many reasons and there might be a day where I might have to push the eject button on America"

Join the club. I already own a house a few steps from the South China Sea near a beach considered to be the surfing capital of Asia. Will soon accept turnover of a condo unit a couple of minutes from the financial center of the Philippines by rail. Been shuttling to the region about once every three years. Hope to do it more often if not establish residence there within 5 years.

Gotta work on my Chinese, though. The looks are no problem. I've been mistaken for Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Malaysian, Indonesian, Cuban, Puerto Rican, and other South Americans, but rarely Filipino.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us