The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Fiscal Fitness '09

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-dont-think-you-sound-mean-just-honest-to-be-27331328.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fiscal Fitness Lite Date:  1/8/2009  1:58 PM
Author:  TMFKabellen Number:  147 of 304

I don't think you sound mean, just honest!

To be honest my own self, I think we actually intended this series to be a bit of "Fiscal Fitness Lite." Not "less taste, less filling," but more ... bite-sized, maybe? 100-calorie packs of fiscal fitness?

In other words, we know these tips are fairly short and simple; they're meant as a jumping-off point for further research (on the boards and in the comments -- we greatly encourage both -- as well as throughout the rest of TMF and, for that matter, the world at large). Perhaps more importantly, they're also meant to serve as an intro to the concepts for people who are new to them. Experienced, longtime Fools on these boards will probably know all this stuff already, and will have lots of stuff to add. That's good! Add it! For newbies, though, we're hoping the series provides a good sort of quick-and-not-terribly-daunting introduction to the concepts behind saving and how they can be implemented. You eat an elephant one bite at a time -- that kind of thing.

And I will stop with the eating-related metaphors now!

:)
Ellen
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us