The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/fwiw-i-received-iwork-09-some-time-ago-i-27389621.aspx

Subject:  Re: iLife '09 Date:  1/28/2009  1:57 PM
Author:  FoolBalance Number:  155735 of 209085

(FWIW, I received iWork '09 some time ago. I really only use Keynote, and I haven't made a presentation recently. However, playing with all three iWork '09 apps has resulted in a glitch-free experience so far. IMO, Apple put much more polish into the new iWork versions than in the new iLife versions.)

I've been working with iWork 09 for about 2 weeks. Overall, lots of improvements, very stable.

Keynote has a great feature that surprised me the other day. Used to be an annoyance compared to Powerpoint was when you has more bullet points than the font size in the text box would allow. In Powerpoint, it resizes text automatically, which I think is bad because I want the control and I'd sometimes rather rephrase to keep the font size up. Keynote lets you know that you are overflowing. If you double click the overflow indicator it resizes the text to fit.

Numbers has tons more functions, comparable to Excel. I think it may be equal for somewhere close to 90% of excel users.

Pages doesn't look meaningfully different, though tables now act like reduced function spreadsheets.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us