The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask a Mover

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/moving-boxes-27516845.aspx

Subject:  Moving Boxes? Date:  3/12/2009  4:58 PM
Author:  toberead Number:  46 of 65

I'm anticipating a move in the next few months, but I don't know when right now. But, I have some time on my hands, since I'm unemployed, so I thought I'd get a head start and start packing. There are some things I can live without for a while.

Is there a good place to get moving boxes and packing supplies? A couple of self-storage places say they have moving supplies, but I go in and all they have are a few dusty boxes shoved in the back of their office and some dirty looking sheets of packing paper. The same with the local U-Haul, which is small and doesn't seem to carry much in the way of boxes. I'm not sure where to look - I'm nervous about going to a moving company because I'm afraid that once they get my name, they'll start calling me constantly, wanting me to use them for my move. (I got a quote from a moving company once and the only way I got them to stop calling me 4 times a week was to change my phone number.) I've even seen some places that sell boxes online, but that seems like it must be expensive.

I don't want to spend too much (being unemployed and broke) but I don't want to go too cheap and end up with stuff breaking.

Karen
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us