The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/sub-par-varieties-red-delicious-make-excellent-27987019.aspx

Subject:  Re: You lie!!!! Date:  9/24/2009  8:23 PM
Author:  Windchasers Number:  22885 of 40280

Sub-par varieties (Red Delicious) make excellent apple brown betty / apple crisp. Just saying.

Depends on the texture, to me. Not much will save a mealy apple. Third (fourth?) the vote for Honeycrisp apples, but Pink Ladies are good, too. The crisper and sweeter, the better! Cooking apples have different qualifications- we get Macouns or Courtland Winesaps for cooking (among other varieties), but any farmer's market will have good local cooking apples, assuming you live where there are apple trees.

~Annagail, almost recovered from the Sore Throat From Hell (was some sort of bacterial infection, really icky and painful. Lymph nodes need to not get any bigger and I need to not be tired tomorrow morning, or else mono starts being suspected. Missed 3 days of grad school and slept 16ish hours today?- good thing I'm not going home this weekend...)
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us