The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/no-doubt-about-it-zions-has-good-people-but-bond-28109625.aspx

Subject:  Re: ameritrade bond experience, not positive Date:  11/18/2009  7:29 PM
Author:  junkman02 Number:  29133 of 36468

No doubt about it, Zions has good people. But bond departments are bond departments, and less than ten bonds is widely considered "unmarketable", meaning, it is not easy to get a quick sale at a favorable price.

That you sold three Verizon bonds at Zions might have to do with the desirability at that time for a small lot of Verizon rather than any greater expertise or effort on the part of Zions. The data sample is just too small from which to draw the conclusion that AmeriTrade is a bad place to try to get bonds sold.

I'm happy to bash them, but only for reasons that I could back up with evidence. One failed trade isn't much evidence.

I see that AmeriTrade is considering gobbling up E*Trade. Http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aFUx...
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us