The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: govt retiree credit Date:  3/16/2010  11:02 AM
Author:  papaduke101 Number:  109615 of 129524

"Call the special number, 1-866-234-2942. You need the taxpayer's SSN, ZIP Code from last filed return, and DOB. The system will tell you whether a $250 payment was made. Follow up as appropriate for the response."

Thanks for the timely info, Phil.
I called the number above and confirmed that DW and I received the payments. Last week, our tax preparer asked us at our meeting if we had received the payment. We believed we did but we did not have a record of the event.
I just sent our preparer a message confirming our receipt of the checks.
This confimed info may have prevented a future amended return.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us