The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/for-my-computer-nerd-friends-28555084.aspx

Subject:  For My Computer Nerd Friends Date:  6/4/2010  2:38 PM
Author:  mollyd77 Number:  25794 of 40285

My brother owns a small business. He is frustrated with the guy that hosts his site (that's pretty much all he does, no content updating).

I am not a computer person, but he would like me to take over because he trusts me to have his best interests at heart and I am willing to do it. And the current site still says "Welcome to the 2009 Season!"

So...I am just looking for some direction. I made a few sites many years ago, so I think I can bring myself up to speed eventually. But I'd appreciate any suggestions on sites you like for tips or help, and suggestions on web hosts you like. Really, any ideas would be great.

Also, how do we make sure my brother owns the domain name? He is not sure how it was registered and how far out it is paid for. And he doesn't want to ask the guy that does it until he is willing to leave him completely. I am worried that if my bro hasn't been paying any domain registration fees, it's possible this other guy now owns it...

Thanks for any and all suggestions or references. His site is very small right now, but he's eager to make it have more traffic.

-Molly
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us