The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/just-send-it-back-amp-dont-worry-they-probably-28615530.aspx

Subject:  Re: Offer from Amex Date:  7/5/2010  10:33 AM
Author:  Gingko100 Number:  298374 of 312572

just send it back & don't worry. They probably don't purge their records often or at all.

I recently had a huge spate of wrong mail - important stuff like tax docs, social security and welfare docs, etc. I got so freaked out I finally went to the police. I just kept "returning to sender" and eventually it stopped. I think the thing that finally cut it off - aside from rejecting the USPS change of address forms - was that for one particular piece of mail, I hand-returned it to a county agency with a note explaining there was no one here by that name and never had been, and if they had ANY way of contacting this woman they should tell her all her mail was getting mis-directed.

But mass-marketing junk mail...don't bother. It's just outdated info. I get stuff still once in a great while for the person two owners ago (20 years).
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us