The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/we-always-cooked-corn-on-the-cob-in-a-pot-of-28632125.aspx

Subject:  Re: Corn - 2 minutes per ear Date:  7/13/2010  4:05 PM
Author:  2gifts Number:  52006 of 56595

We always cooked corn on the cob in a pot of boiling water -- until my wife once picked up a heavy pot and the boiling water SLOSHED and burned both of her hands badly!

I used to cook corn in a pot of boiling water, but then changed to steaming it instead. It is much faster, and certainly much safer than handling a pot of boiling water, but even when I used the pot, I never moved the heavy pot with the hot water. I just removed the corn from the water at the stove, and left the pot to cool down to handle later.

I do something similar when I cook pasta. I have an insert for my pasta pot, and so I can lift that out with the cooked pasta in it while I leave the pot of hot water on the stove for handling later when it is cool.

We have also recently started to grill our corn. I think it is much tastier that way, but sometimes I am cooking so much corn that I have to steam it so that I have the grill for other things and not just batches of corn.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us