The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/you-are-of-course-right-about-how-my-husband-28674604.aspx

Subject:  Re: I'm Drowning...advice on refinancing mortgag Date:  8/2/2010  8:06 PM
Author:  DrBooa Number:  298741 of 312706

You are, of course, right about how my husband will likely feel. But he didn't consider MY financial future either when he abruptly quit working, with no intention of ever returning...right at the time that I had to deal with my parents at age 91 and 92. He was fortunate in that his parents passed away in their 80's with little or no need from him, either financially OR emotionally, and he had three brothers.

It sounds like you are angry at your husband, as well as being afraid of his reaction. (And it sounds to me like you have ample reason to be angry at him.) However, if/when you talk to him about the financial situation, please don't use the words "fortunate to have his parents pass away in their 80's." I suspect you will not be talking about financial matters after that statement.

--Booa
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us