The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/but-he-didnt-consider-my-financial-future-either-28674628.aspx

Subject:  Re: I'm Drowning...advice on refinancing mortgag Date:  8/2/2010  8:19 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  298742 of 312702

But he didn't consider MY financial future either when he abruptly quit working, with no intention of ever returning

Unfortunately, the mantra "Two wrongs don't make a right" seems to apply here.

IMO, you have both committed acts of financial infidelity against each other that have sabotaged the potential for you to live the life that you thought you were both committed to.

You each need to commit to stopping further sabotage, and to try to repair the damage that has been done. If you are not each committed to this, you are unlikely to achieve financial stability as a couple. If he is unable to commit to this because of his mental state, you need to seriously think about what your goal in this relationship is, and if you are able to achieve it with only your commitment and his continued sabotage.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us