The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/someone-asked-where-dh-would-go-if-i-kick-him-out-28678179.aspx

Subject:  Re: Spouses Who Quit Working Date:  8/4/2010  11:51 AM
Author:  Patzer Number:  298805 of 312823

Someone asked where DH would go if I kick him out or if he leaves on his own. Who knows?? This is a big part of my problem. He has no friends and has alienated his entire family. How can I ask him to just leave with nowhere to go? What kind of person does that make me? So, I continue to just go from day to day hoping and praying that something will change.

Been there, done that. For a year or a year and a half I just went through the motions, waiting for things to either get better or get enough worse to justify action. It was all I could do at the time, emotionally.

In 20-20 hindsight, that was really the time I should have been doing something about it, but I wasn't ready to. I had to get to the point of seeing something so flagrantly, abusively bad that I could look anyone in the eye and justify kicking then-wife out to starve if she didn't figure something out. Of course, everyone I know judged me far less harshly than I judged myself at the time. And ex-wife has some sort of life today, though I have no direct contact with her. Life does go on.

Patzer
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us