The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / SLSL Members Only

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-think-kims-analysis-is-pretty-spot-on-however-29086767.aspx

Subject:  Re: AARON DIVISION 2011 PREVIEW Date:  2/7/2011  4:04 PM
Author:  condorsaur Number:  1648 of 2055

I think Kim's Analysis is pretty spot on. However, I doubt seriously that Central Valley will be able to wheedle its way into the playoffs in 2011. The pitching will be continuously afflicted with a bad case of whiplash, jerking their heads around this way and that, at the crack of the bat! Watching those monster shots will leave a trail of destruction through the young pitching staff (except for old graybeard, John Lackey).

After Tommy-Gun Hanson and Jon Garlard, J.A. Happ and Stephen Strasburg will platoon as the 3rd starter to leave Edwin Jackson and John Lackey to man the 4th and 5th spots in the Rotation. Anyone scared yet?

Central Valley will have to rely on out-hitting their opponents this year and hope the bullpen has a lot of innings in them... and I mean A LOT!!! Meek, McClellan, Daniel (not Josh) Bard, Luke Gregorson, and Joe Thatcher (an extra-over 30 innings)will be expected to carry a lot of the pitching load, especially after the 4th-5th inning of games involving Jackson and Lackey.

The offense will score a lot of runs. The key will be to keep guys in the lineup. There will be some scary injuries to fill in for Kendry Morales and Scott Rolen, with substandard backups. Shortstop will also be a major concern as Jimmy Rollins will need GPS to find 1st base this year. Alcides Escobar and Everth Cabrera aren't much better.

The rest of the offense should fare well and put up the appropriate numbers to fight anyone in the division for the bottom 3 spots. The Condors will need a lot of breaks (splits),...in order to place in upper reaches of the division. Another year or 2 in the basement, several key players coming back from serious injuries, and good drafts/trades should make the Condors a team to be reckoned with in the future.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us