The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt


Subject:  Re: Poll: Should Child Support Be Used For Court Date:  2/26/2011  12:21 PM
Author:  Windowseat Number:  301191 of 312650

Alimony can be awarded to the lower income spouse, and that isn't always the woman.

My niece paid alimony to her husband for two years. The assumption was that by the end of that time he might be earning a living. There were no children involved, and she was the only one earning, so she thought that was perfectly fair.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us