The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Real-Money Stock Picks / Messed-Up Expectations Portfolio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-tj-thanks-for-the-link-this-part-of-an-answer-29149727.aspx

Subject:  Re: PWER down 9.3% yesterday Date:  3/5/2011  8:17 AM
Author:  TMFGebinr Number:  257 of 1287

Hi tj,

Thanks for the link. This part of an answer to a question made me laugh out loud (TWST = The Wall Street Transcript):

"TWST: A lot of investors are concerned about subsidy cuts as well as oversupply in the solar sector. But you don't see those as significant long-term risks. Why is that?

"Mr. Zaman: We think that there is concern about subsidy cuts and oversupply as sort of an annual ritual in the investment for investors and Street analysts that focus on the sector."

Yes, indeed. :-)

Further on in that same answer:

"So the institutional focus on just a handful of markets and really just a couple of markets, Germany and/or Italy, we think is - it's really missing the forests from the trees. Our view is that over the next few years, again as the price of solar continues to decline, subsidies will be phased out and solar will begin to be able to stand on its own feet, being at grid parity and most markets unsubsidized."

That was part of my original thinking with this company and I haven't seen a reason to change it yet.

Thanks again for the link, tj.

Cheers,
Jim
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us