The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Help with this STUPID computer!

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/music-file-help-needed-29155482.aspx

Subject:  Music File Help Needed Date:  3/8/2011  9:37 AM
Author:  FreethinkerKW Number:  171205 of 199943

Tonight, I will be giving my two weeks notice to the country bar where I have worked for the past 3 1/2 years. The music I play from my HP laptop is at the highest bit rate and all store bought music . . . either from CDs or Rhapsody.

I do not want to leave my workmates in this bar without a collection of country music in digital files. (We have a backup book of CDs there, but it would take a new DJ a month or more to upload all that music, CD by CD.)The bar has an unused computer in the backroom. I want to take all the music from my laptop and upload to this unused computer via WAV files.

Question: do I need just a simple USB to USB wire? Or do I need something like a firewire?

Also, what steps does one take transferring music files such as everything on my Windows media contained in my laptop to the Windows media in the unused computer at the club? Meaning, in the past, I've had people transfer files to another bar's computer. Unfortunately, the music files never showed up in Windows media. How do I ensure all Windows Media files show up in the new Windows Media on the bar computer?
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us