The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/will-do-joel-i-have-4-of-the-2017s-amp-4-of-29156039.aspx

Subject:  Re: Price Action & Volume on Edison Mission 2017 Date:  3/8/2011  12:54 PM
Author:  ytm Number:  32413 of 36852

Will do Joel.

I have 4 of the 2017's & 4 of the 2016's.

My due diligence on these was a bit premature. When I looked into who I thought was backing these bonds, Edison International (EIX) -although the debt to cash equity ratio was a bit much for me, I liked their huge revenue stream and double digit operating & profit margins. But I still have to look into exactly how this debt was acquired, logistics, etc.

I basically bought my notes awhile back before they had their recent price upswing. I was going to add some more 2017's but there is a pretty decent seller right now out there.

But prices have been all over the place today. Between $73ish to an $85000 buyer just now in the $78 handle. It really pays to have a good broker dealer and know whats going on in the marketplace. A $50 difference in less than a couple hours is something to avoid for certain if you can.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us