The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltltdemocratic-leaders-know-that-a-poor-and-29188853.aspx

Subject:  Re: AZ ethnic cleansing failing Date:  3/22/2011  9:03 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  31518 of 120632

<<Democratic leaders know that a poor and uneducated underclass is their best voting base. This is opposite of the myth that the liberal sheeples spout. They also know that by encouraging and allowing illegal immigration, they will lower the wages for unskilled labor helping them expand their underclass of people who will vote for them.
>>

I often think my liberal friends have no confidence that there will always be a 10% of the population that will be the poorest and from which they can hope to get votes.

They want to expand the number of poor people by bringing in illegals as a kind of electoral insurance policy.

I think their confidence was shaken when Reagan came along and took all those working class voters away from the Democrats and created "Reagan Democrats" for the Republican Party. I was one of 'em, crossing over in 1984.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us