The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Real-Money Stock Picks / Messed-Up Expectations Portfolio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-aitraders-im-thinking-of-buying-some-textron-29378273.aspx

Subject:  Re: TXT - love a thesis that's working Date:  6/24/2011  9:24 AM
Author:  TMFGebinr Number:  397 of 1287

Hi aitraders,

I'm thinking of buying some Textron for myself, as well. If that article's accurate, we'll see a flattening of the Cessna ttm revenue curve until new orders really begin to kick in.

Right now, I'm not looking at financials because FCF is completely the wrong way to look at them. However, I should probably broaden the view of what a messed-up expectation is. Certainly some banks selling below TBV are a bargain. Haven't looked at First Financial, though.

Last summer, for myself I bought a basket of oil related companies and Noble Energy was one of them. The whole sector got beaten down because of the BP / Transocean rig disaster. NE, DRQ, XOM, BP, RIG, SLB -- I think that's it. Earlier this spring, I sold NE, DRQ, and SLB to ease off on the oil industry exposure I had, but then I recently bought a starter position in National Oilwell Varco, so go figure. I'll have to look at NE for the MUE port, too, but with the few positions I've got right now, I don't want too much exposure to the oil industry.

Cheers,
Jim
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us