The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Ask A Foolish Question


Subject:  Foreign investor Date:  9/10/2011  5:25 AM
Author:  DrFoolHouse Number:  256655 of 283127

Hi, American colleagues in investing!
I'm from Europe (European Union) and I'd like to invest in selected American stocks, let's say those quoted on NYSE or NASDAQ. Can I open account with American broker (e.g. Schwab) as a foreigner? If I happen to make some profit, must I pay any tax to United States?
Many thanks for reply.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us