The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: new 1099 issued... Date:  9/16/2011  12:47 AM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  113991 of 131251

All you send to the IRS in this particular case is the 1040X and, if there is one, Schedule B. The 1040X should show the correct amount of additional refund you'll get. If it doesn't, you've done something wrong.

I re-did it, and it worked this time. The numbers make sense.

So I only need to send the 1040X and schedule B (although T-Tax printed the whole bloody thing)? Same for the state, I assume (140X). No need for additional W2 or the 1099s that started this mess?

Thanks again for all the guidance. It was extremely helpful.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us