The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/dm-and-patzer-what-are-your-thoughts-about-29564424.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bank of America annoyance Date:  9/26/2011  9:31 AM
Author:  Patzer Number:  303058 of 312957

DM and Patzer,

What are your thoughts about credit unions?

We've decided the very large banks aren't to be trusted any longer, for a number of reasons including the T&C switch, games with fees, etc.

Credit unions have my business for checking and most savings. I can find competitive rates, and the T&C don't change for years at a time.

I still use large banks for credit cards, because credit unions don't have very good reward programs. If the rewards degrade to the point where I need to spend a lot of time evaluating how to spend to overcome annual fees and gimmicks, I'd consider switching to a no-fee, no-reward card from a credit union. We aren't there yet.

Large bank credit card scorecard: Citi Dividends MC and FIA (I think BoA?) Fidelity Amex are my regular use cards. Discover and Chase Freedom card currently gather dust, but haven't been bad enough to make me cancel them.

Patzer
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us