The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotwhy-get-personalquot-and-selling-ca-zero-29625664.aspx

Subject:  "Why get Personal" and selling CA zero Date:  10/25/2011  11:07 AM
Author:  blacktreechaser Number:  33395 of 37043

I'm selling some county (California) school bonds today, zero coupon, that I've held for less than a year. I've gotten a very nice jump in price, for a nice capital gain.
If boought today, I believe those zeros of 2032 are yielding around 5.3%, but I didn't look that closely.

I got a good chuckle out of the "Why get personal?" question, after all the derogatory personal comments that have been thrown out at various posters, in posts coming from the other direction.

Whether work-related, recreation-related, or investing-related, I'm always open to getting information that may or not be useful to me. But even if that information is very useful, I still may have my personal opinion that the provider of that information is a horse's behind.

Since I still work full time, I do like conscise, since I do just like to get ideas from this board, for further looking into. But I do admit to being guilty to throwing out extra comments about life also. But I do try to keep that to a minimum, which seems to be the case with the majority of the posters here.
That being said, this place is going to go nuts in two week ends, when undefeated LSU comes here to play undefeated Alabama. I think I'll sublet my motel room here for $600, and go camping.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us