The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Value Hounds

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/there-is-a-sears-store-in-a-mall-a-few-miles-from-29750456.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sears Date:  12/29/2011  4:58 PM
Author:  DBrown7 Number:  8790 of 25549

There is a Sears store in a mall a few miles from my home. It is one of the mall anchors. On my infrequent visits I've noticed a couple of things. One is that the area where tools and appliances are sold on the lower level gets a fair amount of traffic and the other is that on the upper level where clothing is sold is like a ghost town.

Does anyone shop for clothing at Sears? I don't know anyone who does. At a mall with J.C. Penney's, Macy's and many specialty clothing retailers what is there at Sears to attract clothes shoppers? Then again, I'm no expert shopper so maybe I'm missing something.

Should Sears just get out of the clothing business and license their Craftsman and Kenmore brands to other retailers? I'm inclined to think so. The automotive repair business might be worth keeping. It could be time for some big changes at Sears, if it is survive over the long term.

Don
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us