The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Value Hounds

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/all-interesting-and-relevant-to-the-stock-but-29752875.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sears Date:  12/31/2011  7:01 AM
Author:  hockeypop Number:  8806 of 25485

All interesting and relevant to the stock, but before I dig into my EOY analysis, I'm still feeling pretty good about the bond investment. The market isn't, obviously.

While I'm taking a little bath since the 11.5% I bought it at, the '17 stands at $70.5 and 14.6%, I'm not going to sell, but the question is should I risk more? Will it last 5 years and 10 months, and with the burn rate of cash and its assets I suspect it will, but you all bring up death spiral possibilities (this DID start on Falling Knives.

Equally interesting to consider among risk investments in this low interest rate environment are the long bonds which have a break even now in about 7 1/2 years and then pure return.

Will they be Montgomery Wards or ... well Sears (they've reinvented themselves before). This has been great information. Enough so I'm not willing to get greedy until I find out more about what they'll do in 2012. And I thought BANKS were hard to evaluate.

Hockeypop
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us