The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-mark-if-i-bookmark-the-calendar-page-in-my-29784651.aspx

Subject:  Re: Weekly Calendar Date:  1/17/2012  3:11 AM
Author:  TMFMoosie Number:  4696 of 5166

Hi Mark,

If I bookmark the calendar page in my browser will the link get updated? Or is there a way to do it?

Unfortunately, no. The goal is to have the data accessible by current members, and current members only. I've implemented "poor man's security", where TMF does all the password stuff. If you can get to the board, you can get to the calendar. The links are randomly generated and unguessable, and change each week.

The calendars are generated by a web app I've written. I'm working on making it available on the 'net. So, you would be able to generate your own calendar, with any tickers you choose, GG or otherwise. And you'd be able to save the settings, so after that it'd be just a button click.

I still won't be able to make the GG calendar available, but you could build your own version.

TONS of little details still to work out, mostly web host related. I'll be sure to let the board know IF and when it becomes available.

Cheers,
-joe
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us