The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s


Subject:  Re: New job/No 401K Date:  1/21/2012  11:33 PM
Author:  Fuskie Number:  24818 of 26316

You can contribute up to $5000 if you are under 50 years of age, $6000 if you are 50 or older. If you are married, you can contribute the same amounts on her behalf to her own IRA. You can contribute these amounts all to your Roth IRA, all to your Traditional IRA, or split them between the two types of IRAs so that the total contribution totals no more than your individual limit.

Who encourages you to look at your whole retirement portfolio when deciding in what to invest and not just each investment vehicle independently...
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us