The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Do I need to file a tax return for my child? Date:  2/8/2012  12:33 AM
Author:  WPatch Number:  114995 of 129668

Turbotax prepared a fed return based on the special way handling SS lump sums to avoid tax liability. Without electing this method by filing the return, your son must file due to a required return to pay a tax.

Sorry, I don't know about NJ return.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us