The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Do I need to file a tax return for my child? Date:  2/8/2012  12:45 AM
Author:  foo1bar Number:  114996 of 130022

If I do end up filing a federal return, with a zero tax liability, should I also file a state return (we are in New Jersey) with zero liability as well?

IMO, go ahead and file both.

It's only going to cost you a few cents to print out the pages and the cost of a stamp to send it in.

(Would I pay $8 or whatever for e-file? No.)
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us