The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Vacation vs residential rental business Date:  2/9/2012  6:55 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  115012 of 129998

Rental properties are best held inside a Trust. Avoids the Passive income garbage rules of the Infernal Revenue Service

Just for the record, that doesn't work. Trusts are subject to the same Internal Revenue Code section 469 that individuals are. (That's the passive loss rules in case you don't care bother your lawyer daughter to look that up for you.)

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us