The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Setting up an IRA for someone after death Date:  2/19/2012  4:05 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  115137 of 131234

You need to talk to your brokerage and have them set up an inherited IRA in your mom's name with her SS, with you as beneficiary.

The inherited IRA is reported under the beneficiary's SSN, not the decedent's.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us