The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Deducting prior year's personal property tax Date:  3/20/2012  2:00 PM
Author:  ap724 Number:  115575 of 129421

I had car registration fees due in Dec 2010 that I paid in early Jan 2011 with penalties. Can I deduct the fees without the penalty on my 2011 return? I didn't deduct this on my 2010 return since I didn't pay it in 2010.

Thanks for any help!
- ap724
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us