The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/for-what-its-worth-anurag-the-mdp-as-i-am-sure-30012653.aspx

Subject:  Re: Goodbye Global Gains! Date:  5/1/2012  5:01 PM
Author:  oioiboy78 Number:  4820 of 5166

For what it's worth, Anurag, the MDP (as I am sure you know) was started at the worst possible time and made a horrible decision to buy a huge chunk of SPY rather than hold cash. Then the floor fell out from underneath us.

This all occurred well before Ron Gross was brought in to lead the service. It is my opinion that Ron has done a fantastic job righting the ship and positioning the portfolio for the future. As I type, the MDP has outperformed the S&P by 1.5% since inception which beats most mutual fund managers.

If I might make a suggestion, you feel you are better at managing your money than Ron. I can't argue; The Motley Fool has long espoused the idea that you are a better manager for your money than anyone else. However the question really is whether you can use the information contained within MDP to make yourself a better investor. Tom Engle, TMF1000, has often said that he loves the MDP because he can take their recommendations and writings and use them in his own manner to make himself a better investor.

I, too, do not follow MDP to the letter and in the 4.5 years since we started, I feel that the service has been an incredible boon to my methods and knowledge.

I hope you will take the opportunity to check us out for a while before coming to a conclusion; I think the MDP boasts a really great team and a pretty solid community (though admittedly things have quieted a little since Supernova opened). Of course, I am pretty biased in this opinion.

Cheers,
Jeremy
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us