The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/disappointed-30012694.aspx

Subject:  Disappointed Date:  5/1/2012  5:15 PM
Author:  OSUMAG Number:  4826 of 5166

I’m disappointed to hear the news today that Global Gains is shutting down. I think the Motley Fool is not taking a long-term approach with this service due to a few poor years where US stocks outperformed international stocks. I am looking at a 30 to 40 year investment time horizon and I see the growth and potential of these international stocks, especially in emerging markets, and the need to have a diversified, global portfolio.

I will try Nathan’s real money portfolio service as I am hoping he buys many of our favorite international stocks here at Global Gains (Nathan, we fully expect CGA and YONG to be bought with real money as this drama is far from over ;-).

Due to my busy work and personal schedule, I may have to sell many of GG stocks if they are not picked up in the new real money service as GG and these Boards are where I keep up with my coverage of the stocks. Even though I do not have much time to participate in many of the discussions on these Boards, I have enjoyed reading the posts, insightful analysis, and company updates.

All the best to Nathan and Nate and the rest of GG. I have enjoyed my 2.5 years with you all.

Regards,

Michael
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us