The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/kidchicago2-i-dont-have-that-information-right-30012708.aspx

Subject:  Re: Goodbye Global Gains! Date:  5/1/2012  5:21 PM
Author:  oioiboy78 Number:  4830 of 5166

kidchicago2,

I don't have that information right off-hand. I do recall that we were down about 50% at the worst of the market bottom, around Feb '09. The portfolio is now positive with a 2.3% gain so I can say the portfolio has doubled since then, but I think a lot of us have doubled, or better, since then.

I think the tragedy is not so much the money lost in SPY, but the money that wasn't, then, available when it would have been most useful.

Ron Gross is a pretty straight-shooter so as soon as you are able to access MDP, if you ask him the portfolio's returns since he took over, I wouldn't be too surprised if he had that information and would be willing to let you know. If he does not have that information handy, I am a huge spreadsheet geek and will see if I can throw a TWIRR spreadsheet together to find the value of the MDP when Ron was introduced.

I really hope all the GG Fools will give the MDP an honest shot, I am really excited with the progression the service has been on and I think the future is very bright for that portfolio.

Cheers,
Jeremy
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us