The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Take capital gains early? Date:  6/14/2012  7:49 PM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  116275 of 130022

If you will be moving before the end of the year then you will likely have to file 2012 taxes in Colorado and they might still try to collect some of the capital gains.

They can try all they want, but they can't tax income that has no nexus to the state and was received before establishing residence in the state.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us