The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Discount Brokers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-want-discount-brokers-to-wake-up-to-the-fact-30136771.aspx

Subject:  Re: What the world needs now..... Date:  7/8/2012  1:48 AM
Author:  stockmover Number:  49972 of 50505

I want discount brokers to wake up to the fact that they sell commodities. For example, I invest the funds that are not appropriated after my paycheck. For example, I may have $1,234.56 to invest after setting aside money for all my bills.

As others have said you can easily do this through a limit order and a simple manual calculation. I trade at Schwab and my cost is $8.95 per trade whether I buy/sell 12 shares or 120 shares or 12,000 shares! Odd lot pricing is no longer in existence.

I'm an active trader and on my Schwab trading platform I have a feature where I can select a stock and place the total dollar amount I want to invest and it automatically calculates the total number of shares I can buy. Not sure if other brokers offer this feature but Schwab does .... even though personally I never use it.

HTH

Rich
Arizona
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us