The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Household Employee? Date:  8/27/2012  5:31 PM
Author:  Myownigloo Number:  116556 of 129670

If she has setup a business does it change the reporting?

Check out whether she's set up as an independent contractor. (She'd have to supply her own materials for cleaning and such, as well as other requirements.)

If that's the case, you'd issue a 1099 instead.

Disclaimer: I'm not a tax expert in any way, shape or form. You'll have to check out the details and differences yourself on this.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us