The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Help with this STUPID computer!

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hey-exeter17-computers-dont-get-old-and-tired-30287355.aspx

Subject:  Re: How to fix "Lazy Computer"? Date:  9/27/2012  5:49 PM
Author:  tketola Number:  181990 of 198943

Hey exeter17,,,

Computers don't get Old and Tired and therefore run slower.

I beg to differ. The most software installs and uninstalls and detritus a machine has on it can and often will slow the PC down.

Well you can I beg to differ all you want, but you obviously didn't read or understand what I said:

"Systems get Cluttered Up, over time, and they generally retain all that Clutter, without proper periodic Cleaning. Also, people keep adding more and more Processes, Applications, and all sorts Automatic Update Processes, to everything, and eventually you just filled the 1 pound bag with 2 pounds of Crap!!!"

Then you said:

Same with heavily fragmentation on the drives. At the office we'll image or reload a PC when is starts getting sluggish and users sometimes thing we replace the hardware with something faster.

Well, I think you just made my point, after all that Image Restoring or Cleaning, the old hardware was just fine and user even assumed you gave them new hardware,,, LOL..

TK...
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us