The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-truth-is-that-i-care-very-little-about-30293968.aspx

Subject:  Re: Moderate Imam Calls For Blasphemy Law Date:  10/1/2012  9:47 PM
Author:  AOLFoolman100 Number:  646467 of 888931

The truth is that I care very little about politics. It's just not that important to me. I don't think about it talk about it because I don't care

That's because Art, you currently don't "perceive" anybody TAKING your savings or income or whatever. Or really hampering your way of life.

The minute the gov't outlaws your shooting squirrels in your backyard, or outlaws the meat from the groceries that you love to eat, or confiscates your money and savings outright....or a number of other possible things....yes, when that stuff that you care about is at stake, then....then I foresee you taking your rifle and hunting down politicians in their front yard Message boards will not be enough for you. At this point, you just don't "appreciate" the potential threat yet. At some point in the future, you just may.

Many on this board simply recognize the threat before it gets to the "boiling point".
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us