The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/farmers-do-tell-stories-of-people-being-attacked-30296510.aspx

Subject:  Re: Revenge of the Bacon Date:  10/2/2012  11:26 PM
Author:  Windowseat Number:  867692 of 907176

Farmers do tell stories of people being attacked by hogs.

Do you remember the beginning section of "The Wizard of Oz" and the scene where Judy Garland is walking along the fence and falls into the hog pen? And Bert Lahr rushes in and rescues her? Hogs could indeed be very dangerous.

<to wander completely off-track>

There was a story my grandmother told about her son Sam (my uncle, but he died long before I was born). He decided to paint a pig. So he got some paint and a brush and went out to the pig pen. He dipped the brush in the paint, leaned over and started rubbing the pig's spine. (Because most pigs like to have their backs scratched). The pig grunted and finally moved away, and Sam got more paint on the brush and continued to scratch the pig's back. By the time someone caught him the pig was mostly red.

There were a lot of stories. Mom wrote some of them down, but I'll have to see if there are more that I remember.

Nancy
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us