The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means


Subject:  Re: Poll: cataract surgery now or after age 65? Date:  10/8/2012  7:17 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  867954 of 904674

You could put away enough in the account for next year. The nice thing about the accounts is that you can claim the whole benefit in the first month. Then if you sever employment before the end of the year, you are not required to pay back the benefits that exceeded your contributions.

Great suggestion, but I'm confused--how do you spend more from the account than is in it?

The year that you terminate employment. The total balance committed to be contributed can be spent. If employment ends before the contributions are complete, you are not required to repay the balance.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us