The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/one-way-of-getting-rid-of-bad-heartburn-is-to-30336901.aspx

Subject:  Re: People are weird Date:  10/23/2012  8:35 PM
Author:  LuckyDog2002 Number:  650505 of 888768

One way of getting rid of bad heartburn is to swallow a bit of soap (assuming you don't have Tums or Pepcid AC around). The base in the soap cancels out the acid causing the heartburn. I've tried it when I was desperate....it works!!
AOLFool

>>>>>>>
this must be one of those Mongolian cures from the old country. :)

Ever since I got pneumonia, whenever I get heartburn, I get flushed...like a hot flash, then I get crushing pains across my chest....the same feeling I had with pneumonia, first couple of times this happened, I got freaked out, thinking it was a heart attack, but after two Tum's and a couple of sips of water, it passes. It's the dangest thing.

So, I keep a little baggie of Tum's in both cars and in my tote bag, just in case it happens somewhere. It happened one morning when I was at recorder class, I knew I was in trouble so I excused myself and went out to the car and got my Tum's and water and thankfully, it passed and I could toot away on my recorder.

I'm weird too. :)

LD
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us