The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Error on adjusted gross income Date:  10/24/2012  8:59 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  116837 of 129524

What is the best way to handle the change for the federal return?

File an amended return. The explanation goes on page 2. And continues onto as many attached pages as you need if you're verbose.

You don't generally need to be verbose when paying additional taxes. They'll take your word for it along with your check. Something along the lines of your post here would be adequate - adding the dollar amount involved, of course.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us